PA’s Act 2: A Crash Course for the Civil Engineering Community
Presenter: Paul White, Brickhouse Environmental
When? Thu, March 28, 2019; 8:30am – 10:00am
Where? West Goshen Township Admin Bldg (2nd Fl.), 1025 Paoli Pike, West Chester, PA 19380
Cost? Free for CCE members
Pennsylvania’s Land Recycling Program more commonly referred to as Act 2, allows the voluntary cleanup and reuse of contaminated industrial and commercial properties. The Land Recycling Program is based on a handful of principals that allow contaminated properties to be reused for new development purposes. Brickhouse Environmental of West Chester PA will be presenting an overview of the Act 2 process as it relates to the Land Development Process.
The following general topics will be discussed:
• Medium Specific Concentrations: What are they are where do I find them?
• Statewide Health vs Site Specific Standards: Is it OK to leave contamination in place?
• Engineering and Institutional Controls: Caps, vapor barriers, and other deed restrictions
• NPDES permitting at Act 2 Sites: General vs Individual Permits
• E&S Considerations: When is Silt Fence Insufficient?
• Post Construction BMPs: Will my infiltration bed cause contamination?
• Managing Contaminated Historic Fill Material: Is my fill “Clean” or is it a “Waste”?
Participants will earn 1 PDHs.